Thursday 17 May 2012

A gift in a bag: Simplicity 2685

For Christmas I tried to make as many gifts as possible, this blog didn't exist at the time so I'm only just getting round to putting them up. Anyway, for a family member I made Simplicity 2685, a cute bag that's great for shopping or lugging around papers etc.

This family member was soon to open a florist's shop so I wanted a stylish, but flower based print. The Ragmarket came up trumps with an upholstery fabric for £1 per metre! It's the same fabric as used for this cushion.  Making the bag was pretty straightforward, even for a novice like I was at the time.

The button was picked up at Hobbycraft, it was one of their more independent producers. I just love it! The bag is lined too, and if I get to take a photo I'll update this blog post with it later - it matches perfectly, but shows through a little - whoops!


Anyway, what do you think? If you're interested in where I buy fabric I've got this Google map I'm working on with brief reviews of shops. Feel free to share the link if it's helpful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment